poi-user mailing list archives

From Jose A <jag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding an image
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 09:46:00 GMT

Adam Kayser <akayser <at> gmail.com> writes:

>  In the poi documentation it says.....
>
> "It should be noted that any existing drawings may be erased once you
> add a image to a sheet"
>
> What I was wondering is there a way to get around this?  Will this
> always be a case? Is it a current bug?  Is there a way to say leave
> the image in the document?  Our software reads in an excel file that
> is used as a template. Our customers have their logos built into it
> their own excel files and when we export some of our data it has
> images in it. when our images are written out to the excel document
> the customer logos have been removed.  I have searched for a solution
> and haven't been able to find one. I was wondering if anyone has had
> this issue before.
> Thanks
> Adam

Hi Adam.

I´m facing the same problem, almost 5 years later ;-).  Our software also
reads excel file from template that already has images, but when when we
export some of our data that has images in it, when our images are written
out to the excel document, the template images have been removed.

I have searched for a solution but found no solution about it and poi
documentation keeps saying :

"It should be noted that any existing drawings may be erased once you
add a image to a sheet"

I was wondering if you already found some kind of workaround for this situation.

Thanks

Jose A