poi-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <cbamf...@mimecast.com>
Subject POI RecordFormatException when reading XLS file
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:42:26 GMT
Hi folks

I have recently received a number of xls files which generate the following exception when
trying to extract text from them:

   org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Not enough data (0) to read requested
(2) bytes

My code is based on the HSSF eventusermodel API, I extend POIOLE2TextExtractor.

Can anyone shed any light?  I can provide a sample xls file privately.

Thanks

- Chris

Chris Bamford
m: +44 7860 405292
www.mimecast.com

Mimecast
CityPoint
One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9AW
+44 (0) 207 847 8700

Disclaimer

cbamford@mimecast.com sent at 2014-08-01 12:42:30 is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for use by user@poi.apache.org and others authorized to receive it.
If you are not user@poi.apache.org
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance
of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693
VAT No. GB 123 4197 34
Registered Office: CityPoint, One Ropemaker Street, Moorgate, London, EC2Y 9AW

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast. Mimecast delivers a complete
managed email solution from a single web based platform. For more information please visit
www.mimecast.com

mcst2013