poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: FW: End of Line character in formula throws exception in XSSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluate()
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 23:05:01 GMT
On Wed, 5 Feb 2014, Crocker, David wrote:
> The real problem is that POI isn't handling the reference version of the
> MS Excel Index function.  I could see this when I ran the updated
> library.  I got the following error:
>
> Incomplete code - don't know how to support the 'area_num' parameter yet.
>
> But after staring at the source, I think that it isn't too bad to solve.

If you're interested in helping fix this, the best resource to get
started with is a Talk Yegor gave at ApacheCon a few years ago:
http://people.apache.org/~yegor/apachecon_us2010/Evaluation_Of_Excel_Formulas_In_POI.pptx

That should help you understand a bit more about how it all fits together!

We'd love a patch once you have it all figured out, BTW :)

Nick