poi-user mailing list archives

From Craig Milhiser <cmilh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Excel Tables and Streaming Workbooks
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2013 19:46:47 GMT
I have a program that creates a MS Excel XLSX  workbook (XSSF) then writes
sheets with many tables with some conditional formatting in the tables.
There are no cell formulas, just values.  The conditional formatting is
cell value not between cellA and cellB .  The XLSX file created is about
9MB.  However the Java program takes 2 GB of RAM to run.

I am starting to add more data to the sheet and I am getting out of memory
errors.  I am trying to switch to SXSSFWorkbook.  I do not need to
reference rows behind the current position so this will be OK for my
application.  However the createTable method is in XSSFSheet, not
SXSSFSheet.  Java reports the two as incompatible and not castable.

How can I create a table in a SXSSFSheet?

Thanks