poi-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <andreas.bee...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Is it possible to embed an OLE shape into a Powerpoint slideshow?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 23:19:01 GMT
> How would I find out the number for my type?  From the registry?

Depending on your ole class that could work - e.g. for a powerpoint ole object you'll find
a bunch
of classid in your registry which could potentially match ... and as you see from the example,
they
are version dependent. I have to admit, that I simply googled for classids in the example.

If you have one kind of ole object, the easiest way is to embed it once over the PP gui
and check the StorageClsid of the ExOleObjStg record.

As mentioned in the bug/stackoverflow entry, this was just a proof of concept.
There are still quite a few things unresolved, e.g.
- preview picture generation,
- the size of the ole shape mismatches, when the object is activated
- there are still undocumented options which might change the object representation
- automatic update of the embedded object ...

If you like, you can attach your ole file to the bug entry and I have look.