poi-user mailing list archives

From "Kakularam, Siva Sankara R" <Siva.Kakula...@wellpoint.com>
Subject POI API - Copy Formula in relative way issue
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:59:34 GMT
Hi,

*         JExcelAPI (http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/) has a cell deep copy feature using
WritableCell.copyTo(int col, int row) method which copies formulas relatively if the formula
exists.

I couldn't find anything like this in Apache POI .

I need to copy the formula cell and the formula should change relative way in the new cell
using Apache POI.

For example if C1=A1+B1, when I copy C1 Cell to C2 the formula should be C2=A2+B2.

I have written a custom method to do it. But I don't know whether this method supports for
all the excel supported formulas. It would be great if POI developers writes a method to do
this where I can use confidently. Attached here the custom method that I had developed to
copy formula relatively.

Your help would be appreciated greatly.

Thank You,

Siva Sankara Kakularam
Developer Sr. | FIRST Application Support | WellPoint Inc.,
Mailstop: CAAC03-003I | 21555 Oxnard Street | Woodland Hills | CA - 91367
* siva.kakularam@wellpoint.com<mailto:paige.rothermel@anthem.com> | *Office: (818) 234-4511
| *Cell: (858) 382-0028

and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail