poi-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Evans <mev...@alphatheory.com>
Subject Cell Formatting in Excel 2013?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:32:19 GMT
Hello Everyone,

We use a combination of Apache POI and DynamicJasper to generate Excel exports from our application.
Our code works perfectly all the way to Excel 2010, but in Excel 2013 our cell style formatting
stops being applied at Column E Row 36.

Here are a couple of screenshots of what I am referring to:

In this screenshot, you can see that the cell styles are being applied properly at E35:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1540472/Proper%20Cell%20Formatting.png

In this screenshot, you can see that at E36, our custom format is no longer being applied,
and is no longer applied for the rest of the sheet:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1540472/Improper%20Cell%20Formatting.png

In this screenshot, you can see that if I manually change the cell format, the cell data is
displayed properly:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1540472/Manually%20Changed.png

This doesn't happen in Excel 2010 or earlier. We've tried upgrading to the latest versions
of Apache POI and DynamicJasper and the behavior doesn't change. Can anyone help point us
in the right direction as to why this may be happening? Please don't hesitate to ask for any
other information needed to help us resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Matt