poi-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <cbamf...@mimecast.com>
Subject Re: Extracting embedded files from HWPF docs
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:12:19 GMT
Hi Nick,

On 10 Jun 2013, at 14:09, Nick Burch wrote:

>> Now POIFSLister shows the ObjectPool and the item in it:
>>
>> Root Entry -
>> SummaryInformation <(0x05)SummaryInformation> [412 / 0x19c]
>> DocumentSummaryInformation <(0x05)DocumentSummaryInformation> [280 / 0x118]
>> WordDocument [4142 / 0x102e]
>> 1Table [2087 / 0x827]
>> ObjectPool -
>>   _1432368106 -
>>     CompObj <(0x01)CompObj> [76 / 0x4c]
>>     ObjInfo <(0x03)ObjInfo> [6 / 0x6]
>>     Ole10Native <(0x01)Ole10Native> [568849 / 0x8ae11]
>>     EPRINT <(0x03)EPRINT> [5000 / 0x1388]
>> CompObj <(0x01)CompObj> [113 / 0x71]
>> Data [4096 / 0x1000]
>
> Try the Ole10Native - POI has code to handle that. My best guess is your data is in there

I'm not familiar with the POI code at all, but I found a useful utility called POIFSDump which
writes out all the objects to file.  I found that if I strip off the first 944 bytes from
the Ole10Native file, I get the original MP3 :-)
These 944 bytes appear to be some sort of header...
Questions

1) Is this header always 944 in size?
2) Is there a POI header object for it?
3) Is there code which skips this block and accesses the 'file data' directly?

Thanks again
- Chris

> Nick

Chris Bamford
Senior Developer

CityPoint,
One Ropemaker Street,
London,
EC2Y 9AW.

mobile +44 7860 405292
tel: +44 (0) 207 847 8700
web www.mimecast.com

The information contained in this communication from cbamford@mimecast.com is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by user@poi.apache.org and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not user@poi.apache.org you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693
VAT No. GB 123 4197 34
Registered Office: CityPoint, One Ropemaker Street, Moorgate, London, EC2Y 9AW Email Address:
info@mimecast.com

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.