poi-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <cbamf...@mimecast.com>
Subject Re: Extracting embedded files from HWPF docs
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 10:12:29 GMT
Awesome!

Yes, it works fine - thanks Nick.

- Chris

On 10 Jun 2013, at 21:15, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jun 2013, Chris Bamford wrote:
>> I'm not familiar with the POI code at all, but I found a useful utility called POIFSDump
which writes out all the objects to file.  I found that if I strip off the first 944 bytes
from the Ole10Native file, I get the original MP3 :-) These 944 bytes appear to be some sort
of header...

> Probably an OLE10 header!
>
> Try using the OLE10 code in POI (it's got quite an obvious name), see if that'll parse
the stream for you and return the data

> Nick

Chris Bamford
Senior Developer

CityPoint,
One Ropemaker Street,
London,
EC2Y 9AW.

mobile +44 7860 405292
tel: +44 (0) 207 847 8700
web www.mimecast.com

The information contained in this communication from cbamford@mimecast.com is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by user@poi.apache.org and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not user@poi.apache.org you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693
VAT No. GB 123 4197 34
Registered Office: CityPoint, One Ropemaker Street, Moorgate, London, EC2Y 9AW Email Address:
info@mimecast.com

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.