poi-user mailing list archives

From anjanajose <anjanaj...@gmail.com>
Subject Currency format with three characters
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:54:14 GMT
Hi

I need help with creating format. I am trying to create a currency format
for Canadian currency. I have to format the amount as CAD#,##0.0000.

If I put CAD, it is not writing the format to excel, but if I put 'CA' or
'$CA', it works.

Can someone please help me figure out what is the issue?

A sample code I wrote to write to excel is below.

                    Workbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
		    Sheet sheet = wb.createSheet("format sheet");
		    CellStyle style;
		    DataFormat format = wb.createDataFormat();
		    Row row;
		    Cell cell;
		    short rowNum = 0;
		    short colNum = 0;

		    row = sheet.createRow(rowNum++);
		    cell = row.createCell(colNum);
		    cell.setCellValue(11111.25);
		    style = wb.createCellStyle();
		    style.setDataFormat(format.getFormat("CAD#,##0.0000"));
		    cell.setCellStyle(style);

		    FileOutputStream fileOut;
			try
			{
				fileOut = new FileOutputStream("c:/workbook.xls");
				 wb.write(fileOut);
				    fileOut.close();
			}
			catch (FileNotFoundException e)