poi-user mailing list archives

From littlenoodles <ryamp...@harris.com>
Subject Re: HSSFDataFormat.getBuiltinFormat("($#,##0.00);($#,##0.00)"); no longer works in 3.9
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:26:44 GMT

> If you set it as the int/short value 7, and query the format string that
> gets applied based on that, how does the string compare to what you were
> trying to set?

I guess it needs the dollar signs quoted now.  The regression note I found said
something like that - I just didn't understand what it was getting at.  The
format also seems to have a trailing underscore in the first (non-negative?)
pattern that wasn't there before.  I guess that's so positive and negative
currency amounts line up even with the trailing parenthesis on negative amounts.
 Anyway, the string has changed from what it used to be.  I guess as long as 7
seems to be the index for the 'standard currency' format, maybe it's better to
just use that, since the string seems to be subject to change with POI updates.