poi-user mailing list archives

From =?ks_c_5601-1987?B?wfjH/MC6?= <he...@nkia.co.kr>
Subject RE: A question of history of changes
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 01:40:30 GMT
Hi wallezhang~
I'm interested in POI Excel Chart too..
I see you want to create poi excel chart...use HSSF api..

I researched this(poi excel chart) for last 2 week...

HSSF is can't.. but XSSF,SS is can (but only create ScatterChartData...)

Anyway, if you want to use HSSF api,
I just found pre-create excel chart template file and modify data range,
category range, etc..

The attached file I hope this helps...
Method 1) create HSSF Template Excel Chart file and modify
	2) Using ScatterChart

Good luck!!
-----Original Message-----
From: WALLE [mailto:wallezhang@inetsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 9:52 AM
To: user; user-subscribe; user-digest-subscribe; user-help
Subject: A question of history of changes

Hi, All

I'm a fresh one for POI, I have a question of the POI History of Changes in
http://poi.apache.org/changes.html

In this page, there is one item "51196 - Initial support for Spreadsheet
Chart API(poi-developers)". What does "51196" mean? And "Initial support
for Spreadsheet Chart API(poi-developers)", is it means that POI support
use HSSF api to create a new chart for excel97-2003? If yes, can anybody
show me the code to create a new chart. Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

2013-02-21
Walle