poi-user mailing list archives

From "Gandhi, Kunal - External" <KGandh...@sjm.com>
Subject RE: Issue with copy paste value in spreadsheet
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:43:35 GMT
Anyone out there in the POI community that can help me with this? I don't understand the limitations
of copy and paste or what can be done about it.

Please help.

Kunal.

From: Gandhi, Kunal - External
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:47 PM
To: user@poi.apache.org
Subject: Issue with copy paste value in spreadsheet

Hello POI Users,

I was wondering if anyone else came across a similar issue and whether there was a resolution
for it?

I have a spreadsheet which has a drop down in a cell. If I select a a value from the drop
down and extract the text in POI with cell.getRichStringCellValue().getString() I get the
text without any issues. However, if a copy and paste a value into that same cell, the value
is returned is empty. Any ideas??
I'm using POI 3.2 with Java 1.4.2.

Regards,
Kunal.

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential or legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee,
you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain a copy of or disseminate
any portion of this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so may
be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the
sender via return e-mail and delete it from your system.