poi-user mailing list archives

From Bernd <bernd.h...@infonova.com>
Subject Loop in HashMap caused by IntMapper?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:34:26 GMT
Hi,

in our production environment we have run into a high CPU usage problem of the
java process. The cause seems to be a loop in the poi framework:

java.util.HashMap.get(HashMap.java:346)
org.apache.poi.util.IntMapper.getIndex(IntMapper.java:85)
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.SSTRecord.addString(SSTRecord.java:107)
org.apache.poi.hssf.model.Workbook.addSSTString(Workbook.java:847)
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.setCellValue(HSSFCell.java:567)

I found an article which discusses the problem:
http://cueabsorb.wordpress.com/2010/12/15/%E4%BD%BF%E7%94%A8hashmap%E5%AF%BC%E8%87%B4cpu-200%E6%88%96%E8%80%85%E5%AF%BC%E8%87%B4%E7%9A%84load-%E9%A3%99%E9%AB%98%E9%97%AE%E9%A2%98/

At the moment we use an older version of the framework (3.2) but I haven't found
a change to the IntMapper class as described by the article above
(ConcurrentHashMap). I also found no bug entries regarding this issue.

Did anyone experience the same issue? Help appreciated.

Regards
Bernd