poi-user mailing list archives

From "C.Y. CHEN" <ichi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Commit "Update of a Cell Value" in Existing .xls file to Trigger built-in Macro
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 21:42:57 GMT
Can anyone give me a quick pointer as to whether the following requirement
can be achieved via existing poi ss API?

I have a .xls file that consists of 1 macro.  The macro will be executed
upon the update of a cell value.
I would like to write a java program to iterate through a list of input
values to a particular cell that will trigger the built-in MACRO that in
turn will update the existing sheet.

Specifically, this is what I want to do and I will just need to fill in the
blank.

Step 1:  Get input value and feed to the target cell and simulate "press
enter" to trigger macro to update the entire sheet.
Step 2:  Upon sheet being updated, save the workbook to local file system.
Step 3:  Repeat step 1.

I think the unknowns to me is whether I can implement step 1 via POI API.
 I will need to load the .xls file and update the input string value to the
target cell and activate a dummy or empty cell to force the macro to be
triggered.

Your input is deeply appreciated!

Regards,
C.Y.