poi-user mailing list archives

From "Harry Yu" <502437...@qq.com>
Subject How to use POI-XSSF to read the Excel 2007 file which is too large
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:55:03 GMT
hello,     I met a trouble when I used XSSF to read the 07 file which has 75W records. And
its size is about 30M. When I use XSSFWork to load the file. The error would appear : java.lang.OutOfMemory
: Java heap space.  I think that the problem is the size of file too large. And JVM can't
support enough space.
    I don't want to simply increase the memory allocation for JVM. Because it's not always
useful , if the file which I operate is too much large to over the size of RAM.
    I would like to know the solution how to load a large amount of records by chunks for
downstream processing. Those which api can solve this.  Or anyone have better solutions.

   Thanks
  Harry Yu