poi-user mailing list archives

From "Harry Yu" <502437...@qq.com>
Subject Re: How to use POI-XSSF to read the Excel 2007 file which is toolarge
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 02:42:53 GMT
In docs, the Streaming API SXSSF is only for writing very large files, and can't support to
read files. Do you know
how to implment this by SXSSF?</:includetail>
  Now I tried to use the streaming API eventmodel. But the same error will also appear, and
the problem is that the SharedStringsTable object can't load so large file. So anybody have
idea about how to make SharedStringsTable load data by chunks.</:includetail>
 </:includetail>
  thanks</:includetail>
 Harry Yu

  From:  "Bodo Wippermann"<bodo@bodow.de>;
 Date:  Wed, Nov 14, 2012 01:36 AM
 To:  "user"<user@poi.apache.org>;

 Subject:  Re: How to use POI-XSSF to read the Excel 2007 file which is toolarge

Am 13.11.2012 09:55, schrieb Harry Yu:
> hello,     I met a trouble when I used XSSF to read the 07 file which has 75W records.
And its size is about 30M. When I use XSSFWork to load the file. The error would appear :
java.lang.OutOfMemory : Java heap space.  I think that the problem is the size of file too
large. And JVM can't support enough space.
>      I don't want to simply increase the memory allocation for JVM. Because it's not
always useful , if the file which I operate is too much large to over the size of RAM.
>      I would like to know the solution how to load a large amount of records by chunks
for downstream processing. Those which api can solve this.  Or anyone have better solutions.

>     Thanks
>    Harry Yu

perhaps you can use the Streaming API SXSSF ?

regards
Bodo