poi-user mailing list archives

From Lakshmi Ramakrishnan <lakshminaarayana...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating charts from a 'template'
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 01:49:57 GMT
I meant to say format of Template was .xlsm

Lakshmi

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2012, at 9:47 PM, Lakshmi Ramakrishnan <lakshminaarayanan.r@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ive been in a similar situation.. But in my case, we had a template prepared by some
of my other team-mates, more familiar with excel. The template file was in format . It basically
expected raw data in a specific sheet and all formulas are based off of this "source" sheet.

> I just took this file, created an instance of workbook using xssfworkbook - searched
for this source sheet in this workbook and simply created rows and cols in this sheet, populated
data.

> Remember to set workbook's recalculate-on-open (or something along those lines) to true
- it won't work without this.

> Some issues - cant reuse the instance.. Need to create new instance every time from the
template file. This operation is the biggest time and resource sink!