poi-user mailing list archives

From FELIX BERIG <fbe...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: POI 3.8 Invalid cell type
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:06:48 GMT
Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply. My problem is that cell is defined as text. For
some reason POI considers it as a numeric and adds '.0' to the text of
the cell. If cell is Numeric I can only retrieve context of the cell by
using xlsRow.getCell(colIdx).getNumericCellValue(). I have a mapping in
my application which maps columns in the xls file to the database
fileds.
Let's say DB field defined as varchar(5). File contains 12345. POI adds
'.0' the cell value and I am trying to insert '12345.0' into varchar(5).

So my question is why POI considers text cell with number in it as
numeric(cell format defined as TEXT)

Thank you,
Feliks.