poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to read the value of bookmarks? (docx)
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 07:09:13 GMT
Thanks Hashem.

Never expected this piece of code to be used as it is now. The original was
written as a proof of purpose really. If I have the time, I will try to post
the full chunk again with your modifiication included.

Yours

Mark B

PS I am still convinced there is a better way to crack this particular
problem as there are many different scenarios that the code cannot
adequately address. The xml markup is subtly different when you are dealing
with, for example, a bookmarked table cell and a bookmarked row. Capturing
that is the challenge to my mind. Further, I think that the entire
philosophy of the code ought to be changed so that it returns the object
that was bookmarked allowing the user to find out what that is and then
modify it accordingly - text was only the subject bcause the original
question asked specifically about getting the contents of a bookmark as
text. So, to pursue the example above a little further, it would return
either a table cell or a row, the user could then test to find out what had
been returned and then modify that accordingly. This would make it far
easier to deal with many different possible combinations of inserting
'something' into a document at a bookmarked positions I think.