poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to read the value of bookmarks? (docx)
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:01:52 GMT
Thanks for letting me know and I hope that it serves you well.

There is already partial support for multiple cells in there; well at least
I have defined a constructor that should allow you to handle them. The
intention was to pass an array of references to the cells to the constructor
and then build in the code to process this array. Should be a fairly
straightforward fix.

Currently, I have abandoned that code base as it had other problems; chiefly
that it would not support multi-paragraph bookmarks nor bookmarked
rows/columns in a table. Also, I did not like the fact that all you could do
was insert text, it seems more logical to insert runs, paragraphs tables etc
at the bookmark and I am thinking about altering the code to support this.
Sadly work has forced me to place the project aside at the moment - we need
to make lots more charcoal to raise funds for a local wildlife trust,
smelly, dirty and very time consuming, but a lot of fun. Still, I will work
on it in the background as and when I have the time and post any updates to
this thread in case it might be of use to someone.

Do not be afraid to dig around in the markup. All I do is use Word to create
the effect I am looking for and then unzip the archive and look at the
markup. Then I know what to aim for an simply test ideas out until I am able
to match the markup that Word produced. Yes, it can be time consuming but it
is most certainly instructive.

Yours

Mark B