poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with inserting images after saving an HSSFWorkbook
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:35:52 GMT
There is nothing that springs to mind. I guess the obvious answer would be
object serialization; so that all of the objects used in the creation of the
HSSFWorkbook could be saved away to disc and then read into memory again
when you need to continue processing. However, the API is not set up to
support this as far as I know and I suspect it would be a major challenge to
implement it.

Can I ask, why do you think that you need to write the workbook out part of
the way through processing? Perhaps looking at ways to store the data you
are generating until you can create the entire workbook may yield a 'better'
solution.

Yours

Mark B

PS Sorry but I still have not looked at th eimage loading issue. Have been
caught up with Word bookmarks. Will play with some code lateer today.