poi-user mailing list archives

From CDB <cbu...@burkeitconsulting.com>
Subject pdmodel.PDDocument.openProtection freeze
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 20:52:29 GMT
Hello

I have an application using POI to open many pdf documents and it appears to
freeze on some of them.
At first I thought it was password protection but it doesn't happen only to
password protected pdf's

The error is included in the attached.

Exception in thread "Consumer-2" java .lang.NoClassDefFoundErrro:
org/bouncycastle/jce/provider/BouncyCastleProvider
At org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.openProtection(PDDocument.java:905)

I am looking at the code to catch the exception but I am puzzled why it
locks at runtime and not propagate error and terminate application

Thanks

Charles