poi-user mailing list archives

From FredJ <ffjabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mapping binary tree to excel
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 01:24:58 GMT
Thanks Evgeniy,

I don't know if I asked the question correctly.
I have a binary tree, like microsoft file explorer, the you show folder, and
files.  You know, let's say we have folder d1 that contains folder d11 and
folder d12.  folder d12 that contains file d121 and file d122. foler d11
contains file f111 and file f112.  And file f111 that contains file f1111
and folder d1112.

SO this is a file system and things just keep on going like this.

Now, I want to ask you, could we implement this file system on an excel
sheet.  Where we can expan it, and colapse it and all of that fancyness.  If
this was a java program like swing, we could do that, but I don't know how
we accomplish that through excel.

So the problem is: How do we map a binary tree ( IE: a file sytem that I
explained to you) to an EXCEL???

Thanks,

Fred