poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Can not see the entire cell content in HSSF
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 15:01:14 GMT
Thanks Fred, I have downloaded your examples and will take a look this
evening. If I do spot anything obvious, I will let you know.

Just as an aside. I noticed that you used the hssf.usermodel classes when
working with the binary file format and xssf.usermodel when working with the
ooxml file format. Did you know that the ss.usemodel unifies these two? It
is quite possible to do something like this;

import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook workbook = null;
workbook = new HSSFWorkbook();
and equally
workbook = new XSSFWorkbook();

Both the hssf and xssf streams now have a common ancestor, the ss.usermodel
classes. If you code to these classes, you will not have to maintain two
different code bases, one for each file type. Will include some example code
for you when I post again.

Yours

Mark B