poi-user mailing list archives

From FredJ <ffjabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can not see the entire cell content in HSSF
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 20:34:05 GMT
Here are the answers to your original questions:

Firstly, and this is just so that I am clear about your sheets, are you
adjusting the heights of the rows yourself within code in order to
accomodate the cells contents? If so, how are you determining the height the
row needs to be set to and which method are you calling to set the rows
height?  *I am trying to do that, but I do not know exactly how to do that
really.  I need help on how to do it.*

Secondly, how are you making the comparison between the HSSF and XSSF
generated workbooks? *Yes I am. * Are you using your code to create a
workbook in both file formats and then opening each in turn in the same
version/installation of Excel? *Yes I do, exactly as you said. * The reason
I am asking this is that Excel uses fonts to determine heights/widths and it
could be the case, if you are using two different versions/installations of
Excel, that they have different default fonts set.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks again,  Fred