poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Coleman <m.cole...@uglyduckling.nl>
Subject Re: Detect External Reference in Formula
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:01:21 GMT
Are the square brackets ([]) actually used for anything other than
signifying an external link?

Mark

On 19 April 2012 17:54, chaitanya.gorugontula@kkr.com <
chaitanya.gorugontula@kkr.com> wrote:

> Thanks Mark for the quick response.
>
> I did consider going the java regular expression route but then there might
> be corner case of the regex matching a string within a normal formula...
> which is actually not external... something like the below formula...
>
> =CONCATENATE("abc","def","'[1]Monthly Consolidated'!$C$1")
>
> As you mentioned, I will try to see if I can fine tune regex matching to
> see
> if I can come up with a pattern but if you look at the example above... I
> took exactly the example of formula text returned for an external formula
> and used it in a simple formula like concatenate(). Though it can be
> debated
> that the above formula is not very useful, I think you follow my broader
> point about not being able to identify anything in the formula that seems
> be very unique to have a proper regular expression.
>
> Really appreciate your time... and let me know if you think you have a
> regular expression pattern which might resolve only external formulae
> uniquely.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --

 Mark Coleman
uGly Duckling B.V.
Burgemeester le Fevre de Montignylaan 30
3055LG Rotterdam, the Netherlands

KvK nummer: 52272125
BTW nummer: NL850371570B.01
Rabobank: 14.68.33.473