poi-user mailing list archives

From dpront <gerard.a...@xmarter.com>
Subject Re: taking too long to create xlsm
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:27:57 GMT
Hi John,

  I may have found the major cause of this issue (on my side), it is because
of the excel file that I am modifying and is "somewhat" handled by a VBA on
it.  So the issue on my side is, Apache POI loops to all rows (up to 65536)
so the overall process is taking too long, I think VBA is the one that makes
the POI loops up to 65k+ times though I am not very sure if it's really the
VBA code that causing this issue, this is just a speculation.

  I suggest for you to download a profiler for your IDE (for example
eclipse) for you to be able to trace what exact method the "bottleneck" is
occurring.

  About the link, yes it will not work anymore because it's meant to last a
month after I posted it.