poi-user mailing list archives

From Nirlesh Patel <nirleshpa...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to insert existing RTF string into Excel cell
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:50:03 GMT

Thank you Yegor.  To expand on this question... I have to capture some very simple formatted
text from a webpage (e.g. HTML formatted using TinyMCE, or RTF or ???) and insert the formatted
text into an Excel cell - if Excel does not recognize RTF - does it recognize HTML or any
other format that I can use with POI ?  Any other options -- other than to parse the text
my self and apply the styles using
HSSFRichTextString or XSSFRichTextString?
regardsNirlesh

> Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:49:49 +0300
> Subject: Re: How to insert existing RTF string into Excel cell
> From: yegor.kozlov@dinom.ru
> To: user@poi.apache.org
>
> what you want is not possible. Excel does not recognize rich
> formatting in the rtf format. The only way to show rich text is to use
> HSSFRichTextString object.
>
> Yegor
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Nirlesh Patel <nirleshpatel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have a small rtf file created using WordPad with simple formatting (bold, font
sizes, etc) I have read the file into a String and now I want to insert String into an Excel
cell and have Excel recognize the formatting.