poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Goggle Summer of Code 2012
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:15:32 GMT
An overview how to to contribute is here: http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html

The first thing to do is to download the specifications from
http://www.microsoft.com/interop/docs/OfficeBinaryFormats.mspx

The files you want are [MS-XLS].pdf and [MS-ODRAW].pdf,  but I suggest
you to download a zip file with all of the PDFs - it will not harm to
have all the docs available.

Checkout source code from svn: http://poi.apache.org/subversion.html
and get used to the build procedure:
http://poi.apache.org/howtobuild.html

POI uses Bugzilla to track bugs: https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/,
search for bugs with Product=POI and status=NEW or status=REOPENED, we
have a lot :)

Here is my bookmark to view all currently open bugs:

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=POI&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Bugs 51683,52272,51676 have to to with the drawing support in HSSF. At
minimum, try to reproduce the problem - you should get a general idea
what the problem is about.

Regards,
Yegor