poi-user mailing list archives

From Philip Gillissen <philip.gillis...@bayer.com>
Subject Excel 2010 warns of POI created file with embedded graphics
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:44:45 GMT
Hello POI users,

I'm currently developing an Excel report with Apache POI 3.8 and I have a small problem with
the produced XLS files.
It contains graphics (PNG) and Microsoft Office 2010 warns me about the unsecure content.

[cid:image001.png@01CD0CCF.CA48E1B0]
In English, the warning is called "Protected View" and looks like this:
http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us/files/763/533/ZA010388955.jpg

If I don't embed the graphics, Excel does not warn me.

I would like to know if there's a way to embed PNG graphics into an XLS without forcing Microsoft
Excel 2010 to open it in the protected view.

Thanks in advance for all hints.

Best Regards
Philip Gillißen

Bayer Business Services GmbH
51368 Leverkusen, Deutschland

BBS-S&T-APS-Application Development
Leverkusen, 4810
Büro: 1.02
Tel: +49 214 30 49436
E-Mail: philip.gillissen@bayer.com<mailto:philip.gillissen@bayer.com>
Web: http://www.BayerBBS.com

Geschäftsführung: Vorsitzender Daniel Hartert   |   Norbert Fieseler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Werner Baumann
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leverkusen   |   Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 49895