poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Trouble with HyperLink to another cell in another wokbook
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:36:31 GMT
Sorry to say this but I cannot re-produce the problem. I simply created this
small test class;

import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.*;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.*;
import java.io.*;

/**
 *
 * @author M8ark Beardsley
 */
public class HyperlinkTest {

    public HyperlinkTest() {
        File file = null;
        FileOutputStream fos = null;
        Workbook workbook = null;
        Sheet sheet = null;
        Row row = null;
        Cell cell = null;
        Hyperlink hyperlink = null;
        try {

            workbook = new HSSFWorkbook();
            sheet = workbook.createSheet("Hyperlink Test");
            row = sheet.createRow(0);
            cell = row.createCell(0);

            hyperlink =
workbook.getCreationHelper().createHyperlink(Hyperlink.LINK_URL);
            hyperlink.setAddress("[Validation Examples.xls]Data
Validation!B1");

            cell.setHyperlink(hyperlink);

            file = new File("C:/temp/Hyperlink Test.xls");
            fos = new FileOutputStream(file);

            workbook.write(fos);
        }
        catch(IOException ioEx) {
            HyperlinkTest.printException(ioEx);
        }
        finally {
            if(fos != null) {
                try {
                    fos.close();
                    fos = null;
                }
                catch(IOException ioEx) {
                    HyperlinkTest.printException(ioEx);
                }
            }
        }
    }

    private static final void printException(Exception ex) {
        System.out.println("Caught a: " + ex.getClass().getName());
        System.out.println("Message: " + ex.getMessage());
        System.out.println("Stacktrace follows:.....");
        ex.printStackTrace(System.out);
    }
}

..and when I open the generated file, I do see the address of the file
mirrored correctly in the cell. That is to say that none of the characters I
included in the String passed to the setAddress() method were altered at
all.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I dod suspect that something else may be
at work here.