poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Trouble with hiding rows in Excel.
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:46:49 GMT
I think that yes, it would be worth logging this through bugzilla. So far, I
have not been able to find any other obviously available method that does
hide the row and I have tried the simple things such as making sure all of
the cells on the row are also hidden before trying to hide the row.

Can I ask a question though before you do log this as a bug; are you
targetting the older binary format and the newer xml based one OR just the
latter? If you are only targetting the xml based file format exclusively
then it should (might) be possible to get at the bean in the OpenXML layer
that controls the row and call the method on that to hide the row. That is a
might however as I have not yet investigated the possibility. Also, I am
going to try using the setZeroHeight() method just to see if this does in
fact hide the row rather than simply set it's height to zero. The does sound
odd I know but you never do know what might happen.