poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Set cell type to "Date"
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 15:51:36 GMT
Thanks for letting us know that you were able to confirm my findings with
regard to Excel at least. Sadly, I must say that I was not surprised
OpenOffice could not work with those format strings. There is something
about them that is unique, or at least 'special', to Excel I think and it is
not transferrable between the applications. It might be possible to find one
of the format stings Excel uses that OpenOffice Calc can parse. Did you
experiment with any of the other defaults for the Date type?