poi-user mailing list archives

From "RUSSELL, TIMOTHY J" <tr3...@att.com>
Subject POI stopped working after server config
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:12:04 GMT
Weblogic 10.3 / Java 1.6.0_18
POI API is working on some servers not others.
It appears it stopped working on a bunch of servers after the WebLogic domain was re-configured.
 The domain was re-created, but the application specific files that were in place prior to
the domain build were copied back in place after the domain build (so not entirely built from
scratch, so most files from working box were reused), fairly straightforward process, but
obviously something has been changed because it stopped working.

Defining java.io.tmpdir as follows
JAVA_OPTIONS='-Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/app/p5csp1m240/tmp4java/'

When I click on the link inside the application to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet
I see the poifiles directory is created in the directory above, so this confirms the application
is the java.io.tmpdir value I assigned.  On a working system, when I do the same, a file is
created in the poifiles directory.  On the non-working system this file is not created.

Anyone have an idea what might be preventing the API from creating the file in the poifiles
directory?

Here is the exception:

<Jan 10, 2012 12:13:34 PM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017> <[weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext@6c9e4e67
- appName: 'datamatrix', name: 'datamatrix.war', context-path: '/datamatrix', spec-version:
'2.5'] Root cause of ServletException.
com.att.datamatrix.exception.ApplicationException: Error during export to Excel: com.att.datamatrix.exception.ApplicationException:
Error during export to Excel.
        at com.att.datamatrix.action.EQGridPrintAction.execute(EQGridPrintAction.java:84)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
com.att.datamatrix.exception.ApplicationException: Error during export to Excel.
        at com.att.datamatrix.action.EQGridPrintAction.execute(EQGridPrintAction.java:77)