poi-user mailing list archives

From Me Myself and I <stargate7thsym...@live.co.uk>
Subject POI Java programming Questions
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:44:33 GMT

At the moment, POI stands at v3.8 beta 5.

I have used up to version 3.7, and I have found problems such as:

-Programming java code to draw a graph based on a range of cells relative to another one
and insert the graph as an image object embedded in file on a particular Excel Worksheet.

-Exporting said Excel graph as a jpg, gif or bmp file.

-Changing and inserting different Fonts and sizes for brand new CharacterRuns
 in an MS Word text document (Typical XP format).

-Similarly inserting, sizing and resizing, and exporting gif, jpg, gif file
images.  As well as anchoring the image to a "text cursor location"
as well as a free floating image, as well as the consequences of having
images partly or fully over the top of other images.

-How do these shortfalls stand?  Is the present version yet capable of this
at the moment, using the POI API easily exposed to the Java Programmer?