poi-user mailing list archives

From jamshid <jamshid.asatilla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem creating an excel cell with Drop Down Lists
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:25:50 GMT
Hi, thank you for quick reply
Sorry I confused giving explanation because I've done with XSSF in that time
I got comma deliminated String but when I do it with HSSF I'm getting
*String literals in formulas can't be bigger than 255 characters ASCII*
for this code:

try {
    HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
    HSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet("new sheet");
    HSSFRow row = sheet.createRow((short) 0);
    //CellRangeAddressList from org.apache.poi.ss.util package
    CellRangeAddressList addressList = new CellRangeAddressList(0, 0, 0, 0);
    DVConstraint dvConstraint =
DVConstraint.createExplicitListConstraint(getCountries());
    DataValidation dataValidation = new HSSFDataValidation(addressList,
dvConstraint);
    dataValidation.setSuppressDropDownArrow(false);
    sheet.addValidationData(dataValidation);
    FileOutputStream fileOut = new FileOutputStream("c:\\test.xls");
    wb.write(fileOut);
    fileOut.close();
    } catch (IOException e) {
       e.printStackTrace();