poi-user mailing list archives

From "Cross, David A." <Cros...@llnl.gov>
Subject RE: XSSF & Hyperlink to Directory
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:30:37 GMT
Thanks Yegor that is exactly right, I didn't realize setAddress() was expecting strings from
URI's.  After switching to URI the code performs outstandingly, just as I've come to expect
from Apache projects.

Thanks again to Yegor & Nick

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Yegor Kozlov [mailto:yegor.kozlov@dinom.ru]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:57 AM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: XSSF & Hyperlink to Directory

Current implementation is too forgiving. The setAddress function
writes the raw string in the OPC relationship table and passing an
invalid value will corrupt the output file.

The setAddress function should accept strings that are valid URIs. If
you are passing a file then instead of passing File.getPath() pass
File.toURI().toString()

I'm going to improve it and add validation. If you pass a wrong string
then setAddress should throw IllegalArgumentException

Yegor

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Cross, David A. <Cross22@llnl.gov> wrote:
> Thanks Nick,
>
> It hadn't occurred to me to unzip and read through the xml.  By doing so I was able
to find what was expected, and I can write a method that will translate the file path into
the appropriate URL like form such as ("file:////network%20place/) and it works .  It is
unfortunate that it will not just accept a java file path but this will work for me and I
like it better than the excel function method