poi-user mailing list archives

From Erik van de Pol <Erik.van.de....@mendix.com>
Subject RE: Excel ooxml: sheet?.xml: s-attribute of a cell-node (c)
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:24:39 GMT
Thanks for the info! We figured out that it was indeed a reference to the styles table.

We need the streaming model because we want to be able to import 1 million rows with 700 columns.
It works for us now by using the info from BuiltinFormats.java.

Oscar and Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:nick.burch@alfresco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:11 AM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: Excel ooxml: sheet?.xml: s-attribute of a cell-node (c)

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011, Erik van de Pol wrote:
> Where does the s-attribute of a cell-node refer to? Is it a style? If
> it is, what style does it refer to? According to the ISO-spec it is a
> unsigned int, which does not help us much.

It's a cell style, yes.

> If there is a comprehensive mapping list somewhere, where can we find
> it?

It's dynamic based on the file, the style definitions get stored in different streams of the
file

If you want a good way to see how the styles and formatting fits together, but while working
close to the XML level, then the event based text extractor (XSSFEventBasedExcelExtractor)
is probably a good place to look.
That handles parsing a .xlsx file largely via sax, and pulls out the formatting information
for cells as it goes so it can format numbers and dates for output

Alternately, just use the XSSF usermodel and it's all handled for you :)

Nick