poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Just getting started need help,,,
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:30:54 GMT
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, jworley@ykksnap-america.com wrote:
> Trying to create an Excel Spreadsheet from RPG. Just starting and need
> help.  Down loaded POI 3.7. Created an HSSF_H and HSSFR4 ILE code.  I
> figure that these need to be compiled in order to use them, but they
> will not compile. Getting Error Code RNF3788.

I've no idea what you mean with HSSF_H nor HSSFR4, and I've never seen POI
produce the error code RNF3788. My hunch is that you're not using POI
directly in Java, is that correct? If so, you'll likely want to explain
more about what language you're calling POI from, and what environment,
and hope someone knows it well enough to help

If you can simply use regular Java, then the Quick Guide and HowTo on the
website should cover you:
    http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/index.html

Nick