poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: When is 3.8 final release expected ?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:05:20 GMT
I'm thinking about late Dec, but the answer depends on the plans of
other POI developers. We want to finalize all API changes and apply
pending patches and that can take time.

P.S. It is likely that for the next POI-3.9 cycle we will be releasing
incremental 3.9.1, 3.9.2, etc. releases instead of betas. This will
improve acceptance of the latest changes in productions. For many
environments the policy is to use only -final releases, not betas and
users have to wait until we release the final.

Yegor

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Jankiraman, Radhakrishnan
<rjankiraman@emptoris.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to use the streaming APIs for the XLSX format since we need to support huge data
export. The beta version has worked out fine for us so far. Are there any tentative timelines
for the final release ?