poi-user mailing list archives

From mayankmails <mayankma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Approach to overcome Xssf performance problem.
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:24:24 GMT
Please refer to last two discussions in my following post:
http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/How-to-user-SXSSFWorkbook-for-updating-existing-excel-file-td4954431.html

I am reading the template xls file and trying to generate xlsx output using
XSSF.But due to performance constraint, I am trying to find another
approach.

As per last comments in above post I mentioned,
SXSSF is designed for writing large volumes of data. If you need to
read and update content then give your JVM more memory and use XSSF.

Due to this I am trying to find out approach to process large data in
chunks.Where, I will read template populate data and generate x number of
files.Now, I need to merge these files into Single file so that I can
overcome the limitation of OutOfMemmory. This is the point I am stuck at.