poi-user mailing list archives

From Johan N <johan.nils...@csgi.com>
Subject Re: Performance Issue with XSSF as compared to HSSF in POI 3.7
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:27:28 GMT
I have also performed tests with similar results, before seeing this post;
HXXF is about 10 times slower than HSSF.
For example saving the file using
org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook.write(OutputStream stream)  is also 10
times slower if using HXXF.
Is this something we have to live with for now?
All our code is written using org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel to be able to
support both .xls and .xlsx.
I have seen comments that HXXF is expected to be 2 to 3 times slower than
HSSF and I would be OK with that. Have someone managed to confirm this with
real tests?
Cheers
 Johan