poi-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Howe" <Jason.H...@LHSC.ON.CA>
Subject POI: Conditional Formatting
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:38:10 GMT
Hello,

I am having trouble with the conditional formatting on an Excel sheet being manipulated using
POI (HSSF).   This is an existing Excel worksheet that I am adding data to one sheet (Data)
which is referenced in another (Summary).  The "Summary" sheet then uses a combo box to populate
from a specific row in the "Data" sheet based on the date selected.  Depending on the values
here there is some conditional formatting to style the cells background color (this conditional
formatting is pre existing and is not manipulated with POI).  I am finding that the formatting
is not taking place.  If I go into the Excel spreadsheet and manually re-enter the values
and hit enter the formatting is then updated (or changing the combo box manually the formatting
will update).  Is there some way to trigger all conditional formatting to "reprocess" in Apache
POI before writing the file?

Thanks,
   Jason