poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: XSSF sheets and new 2010 ST_CellType - "d" for Date
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:52:21 GMT
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Dylan Kucera wrote:
> I've run into a bit of a snag parsing an XSSF Excel sheet.  I'm not sure
> where the limitation lies, whether it's in the ooxml pieces or if it's
> something that the POI API could address.  Perhaps someone that
> understands the stack could respond with some thoughts or insights?
>
> Excel 2010 introduced a new ST_CellType - "d" for Date.

Ah. That'll need the new xsd xml schema. That'll then need compiling to an
updated ooxml-schemas jar, and finally we could update POI to read
(though likely not write, for compatibility reasons)

I think the reason for not moving to the newer schema was worry about it
breaking existing things. If someone had time, it'd be great to check
exactly what did get changed in the new schema files, and if it was all
additions of new fields (like this case) or if any existing ones were
altered or removed?

Nick