poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Setting the cell type to "text" for an entire column (.xls)
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:08:43 GMT
On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, cl_for_mailing@gmx.net wrote:
> Ideally, I would like to call something like:
>
>    sheet.setDefaultColumnCellType(Cell.CELL_TYPE_STRING);

Can you try setting the type on a column in excel, and seeing what gets
written to the file for that? (Unzip the .xlsx file and compare the xml
between a file with and without the setting).

If it isn't done with a style, then I don't personally know how it'd be
done, but luckily we can use excel as an oracle for the file format :)

Nick