poi-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Panayotopoulos" <Alex.Panayotopou...@vianet.co.uk>
Subject XSSF Locking
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:32:26 GMT
Hi all,

Can anybody get the XSSF sheet locking functionality working? I've been
testing it, but so far it looks like either *everything* is locked, or
nothing is. If I execute:

		XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook();
		XSSFSheet s = wb.createSheet("Locking");
		s.lockDeleteColumns();
		s.enableLocking();
		wb.lockStructure();
		save(wb, "locking.xlsx");

Then I would expect a worksheet that allows all changes except column
deletion. However, the result is a completely locked-down worksheet,
similar to what I would get with a "protectSheet()" call. If I comment
out the "s.enableLocking()" line, then *all* changes are permitted. How
do I disable *just* column deletion?

N.B. I did find one other thread on this list about this problem, but
the example code did not solve the problem. I also searched for open
issues in Bugzilla, but found none. Should I open a new bug?

Thanks,

Alex Panayotopoulos, Software Engineer
ViaTelemetry Limited