poi-user mailing list archives

From Sergey Vladimirov <vlser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to extract special character and symbols from the word document
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:26:42 GMT
Hi,

What is the special character that you need to get from Word document?
Can you provide some king of example of describe it more specifically?

According to specification, "special" is the characer that have
"special" flag in it's properies. AFAIR, such characters have special
meaning and processed by special methods (like processDeadField /
processField / processHyperlink / etc) or not printed in HTML at all.

Sergey.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Baby Periasamy
<babyperiyasamy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi POI users,
>
> Can you please guide me how can i get the special characters from the word
> document.
>
> I am using WordToHtmlConverter class and other classes to generate the html
> from word document file, to display on the jsp page.
>
> Here I am able to get the image, tables and other paragraph text.
> I am not able to extract special character to display on the jsp page.
>
> Plz help me out. Very urgent please.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --

Sergey Vladimirov