poi-user mailing list archives

From "Thouin, Alexandre" <Alexandre.Tho...@CMCElectronics.ca>
Subject RE: Shared workbook support for XLS documents
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:09:30 GMT
Thanks for trick but it won't work since it's not an NFS volume (I tried
it anyway to double check).

I will just be careful and double check so I don't screw the data...

Thanks!
Alexandre

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: July 7, 2011 3:28 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: Shared workbook support for XLS documents

On Jul 7, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Thouin, Alexandre wrote:

> Thanks Dave,
>
> Yes, I understand that the Microsoft Sharing thing is beyond the scope
> of POI. I will get the users to close their copy which will be far
> easier than doing all those changes manually like before anyway.

If you have a user that won't close, then the following might work for
you.

(1) Rename the file on the server.
(2) Copy it back to the old name - to preserve shares.
(3) Run your Apache POI based update.

The user who doesn't close works with an old generation of the file.

On an NFS volume this would work. You'll need to ask your sysadmin.

Regards,
Dave

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-user/200405.mbox/%3C02F8EC1