poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: How to extract embedded documents from a .msg
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:03:05 GMT
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Ezequiel Foncubierta wrote:
> There is another case, when the message has an embedded
> image/video/whatever you got the same, therefore you shouldn't use
> getAsEmbededMessage to get the embedded document.

I've not seen that. Any chance you could open a new bug in bugzilla, and
upload a sample file that shows this? (We can then use this as a basis for
enhancing DirectoryChunk, and unit testing it)

> On the other hand, is it possible to get the raw data from a MAPIMessage
> object?

>From a DirectoryChunk you can get the underlying POIFS DirectoryNode with
a call to getDirectory(). From their, loop over all the directory entries
looking for something you find interesting. When you have something that
catches your eye, DocumentInputStream will let you read it.

See http://poi.apache.org/poifs/how-to.html for information on working at
the POIFS level

Nick